Controller and Bookkeeping Services
Small businesses are often excellent at providing the product and/or service they sell, however accounting can become a distraction - that's where CMD comes in. We manage this process, which will save money, reduce stress and allow you to run your business more efficiently and effectively.
Starting your Business
In order to create the foundation of a successful business there are a number of actions to take and systems to set up . Here are some ways CMD will help:
Running your Business
Once your business is off the ground, you will need to maintain the accounting system that was setup while starting your business. Here are some specific actions where CMD will assist you on an ongoing basis:
Growing your Business
When you are ready to grow your business, CMD will be an integral resource providing professional advice and helping manage the process. Some examples include:
- Determining the best business structure (i.e, sole proprietorship, LLC, corporation, partnership) for your situation
- Assisting with the financial analysis of your business plan
- Providing advice on the type of accounting software you need
- Setting up your chart of accounts and processes to ensure your accounting records are manageable and usable
- Providing advice on whether you should run a payroll system. And, if so, helping you chose the best solution
- Providing advice and assistance on opening a business bank account
- Making sure your accounting procedures comply with regulations and requirements
- Providing advice on how to track expenses during your daily business activities
- Explaining the importance of keeping personal and business expenses separate
- Explain your financial statements so you can understand the ins and outs of your business.
- Run your accounts payable payment processing and accounts receivable billing and collections.
- Oversee company payroll processes.
- Determine when, and to whom, you should send W2 and 1099 forms.
- Ensure your independent contractors are classified as such (and not employees) by the IRS.
- Provide advice on estimated tax payments you should make during the year.
- Close out your books and create financial reports at the end of each accounting period: monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Compile and process your taxes, financial reports and all necessary paperwork to meet the requirements of the IRS.
- Determine areas for growth by providing insight on cash flow patterns, inventory management, pricing and business financing.
- Advise on property and equipment leasing and purchase.
- Prepare and guide you through a financial statement audit as required by banking institutions or government regulators.
- Create financial forecasts enabling you to make better decisions in your business.
- Create a business budget to support your business goals.
- Advise on the sale of your business.
See our Virtual CFO services for more details on this area.
Do you have a sole proprietorship or single member LLC, such as a REALTOR®, Uber Driver, Part-time Sales or Consulting? Consider QuickBooks Self Employed to track for your accounting and organization needs. Working with CMD, we can create a low-cost package including access to this software, setup and training from a CPA as well as all fees to prepare your Schedule C at tax time. Check out a short video for how the software works: QB Self-Employed Demo
The QuickBooks Online solution is a cloud based technology allowing you to access content anytime from any device while ensuring the highest security in cloud computing. In addition, for smaller and less complex payroll operations, Quickbooks has a number of solutions to ensure your needs are met. Lastly, while using this online solution, it allows CMD to work on your books and records irrespective of our physical locations, meaning more cost savings to you.
ADP has over 650,000 clients across the world providing solutions for clients of all sizes. If you need a more robust product than what QuickBooks Payroll can do for you, look no further than our partner, ADP. I have negotiated cost-effective rates allowing you to leverage big company products at small company prices. In addition to standard payroll services, they also provide options for HR outsourcing, retirement services, health and benefit services and more.
Bill.com is the leading digital business payments service that makes paying and getting paid simpler, faster and more secure.
Getting Paid: Invoices can be created and sent from an online portal (or mobile app), you can accept ACH or credit card payments at great rates, send automatic reminders for payment and schedule invoices for recurring services.
Paying your bills: Bill.com provides unlimited online storage of invoices allowing you to maintain documentation electronically. Moreover, you are provided with an electronic systematic routing of approval ensuring proper authority is granted prior to payment.
All four solutions are integrated online allowing you to save time and avoid errors of duplicate data entry. One of the many benefits of hiring CMD is that you will be eligible for highly discounted rates when we sign you up for these services.